Monday, May 10, 2010

Illustration Academy at TAD RVA - Visiting Artists

TAD RVA is very proud to announce the following artists have been confirmed as visiting artists for the upcoming Illustration Academy in Richmond.

Jon Foster




In Jon's own words: Hello my name is Jon Foster. I live in Rhode Island, work out of my house, share the studio with two dogs and can not imagine anything better! The art work I make a living at encompasses everything from Sci Fi Fantasy book covers to National Geographic interiors to story boards and concept work in games and film. As well as being lucky enough to win several awards for my cover work I have also been given the opportunity to publish two compilations of my art, the first being Progressions: The Art of Jon Foster and the second Revolution: The Art of Jon Foster. While I have been working as an illustrator for over fifteen years I have also been teaching, both at Rhode Island School of Design and The Illustration Academy. The latter opened my eyes to how an art education should be presented both in content, tutorage and passion.

Anita Kunz





In Anita's own words: I’ve been a free lance illustrator for almost 30 years. I’ve done advertising and book work but the majority of my clients have been magazines. My work can best be described as social and political commentary, with a healthy dash of humor!

I work mainly traditionally, using acrylics and watercolors on board, but I’ve recently gotten a bit more digital.

I’ve done a number of covers for The New Yorker magazine and Time magazine, I have done dozens of rock and roll portraits for Rolling Stone, and my other clients include The New York Times, The London Sunday Times, The Atlantic Monthly, Newsweek and many others.

I’ve also shown my work in galleries and museums nationally and internationally. I’m currently dividing my time between commercial and fine art. If you would like to see more, please visit www.anitakunz.com (illustration) and www.anitakunzart.com (fine art)

I’ve won lots of awards, and the recent one is excited about is that I’ve been named an Officer of the Order of Canada, (which is sort of like the Canadian version of a knighthood.)..along with Neil Young and Wayne Gretzky!

I’ve been proud to have been part of the Illustration Academy from its inception. I love teaching and I’m very excited about the future of illustration and this school.

John English





In John's own words: I have made my living as an artist my entire adult life. I left college at the age of 20 during my junior year and began my career. Over the last 29 years I have worked as an Illustrator and most recently I have been painting for galleries.

My education as an artist was very different from most I was extremely fortunate to have Mark English as my father and teacher. At a young age I was introduced to his peers and the professional community that he was such a large part of. The value of acquiring real and accurate information from the giants in the industry was irreplaceable.

After 15 years of accumulating clients like News Week, Esquire, Chrysler, Boeing, Bantam Books, NCAA and many others my father and I developed The Illustration Academy. We developed the Academy to bridge the gap from academia to the professional community, to fill the void left by the Art and Design Colleges and to give students the best opportunity to pursue a career in the arts.

1 comment: